Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Run-in...

Alison and I sat down at Maynard's, up in Rogers, all ready for a delicious meal. I sat facing the south, but Alison asked if we could switch sides. Being the gentleman that I am, I of course didn't care. So, we switched.

I looked past Alison, and saw a guy who looked familiar. He looked like a guy who would have tons of lame jokes. But, I couldn't quite place him. I looked next to him and his wife was sitting with him. His wife's eyes met mine and that's when my recognition bell went off. Crups!! I hope she doesn't recognize me.

Alas, she did. She started waving the napkin towards me and yelling, "Brent! Brent! Order the combo burger Brent!!" It was very reminiscent of when I was 15 and she was yelling at my baseball team while waving an oversized, novelty blanket, during a tournament, "Wayzata! Wayzata! Get in the shade Wayzata!"

I hope someone who gets this actually still reads my craptacular blog...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i get it...holy crap that sucks

YBLJ22 said...

is that the same lady who would set up camp and watch August HS football practices?

ban said...

Yes...yes it was...hilarious!

YBLJ22 said...

Good Stuff!

Anonymous said...

I knew who it was before you even said the get out of the sun part!

-Kevin