Saturday, August 20, 2005

Little League World Series Thoughts...

Is there anything lower on the umpiring chain than being the right field foul line ump in the consolation game of the LLWS?

Why are there 12 year olds that are bigger than I am?

Why do I get to know these kids and then get excited to watch them?

The California team has a kid who shaves as often as I do. That's disheartening.

Khalen Pimentol hit 35 homers this year and also was clocked at 82 mph from 46 feet. Ummm...yeah.

The California team is 58-0 this year as I write this. That's incredible. I don't think all my teams combined in my life have won 58 games. But we did have "The Code", so I guess we're even.

Does it make me a bad person because I laugh when the kids strike out?

I'm just going to throw it out there; There's something not right about a Little League coach who doesn't have a son on the team.

No comments: