Saturday, February 25, 2006

Rainbow bill = $29.70???

That's right, my Rainbow bill for 10 24-packs of Diet Dr. Pepper came to $29.70. That's $2.97 per 24-pack, which normally go for $6.99 each.

Now, as you all know, I've been called cheap numerous times in my life, but I prefer to think of myself as thrifty. I like to look for good deals. Hell, if someone offered me free naked pictures of Betty White, I'd have to consider it, because how much do naked pictures of Betty White normally cost??

So, I'm in Rainbow, trying to see if they have a good deal on cottage cheese (by the way, they did and I also picked up 12 containers of cottage cheese, but that deal wasn't so stunning, so I don't really feel the need to go into details) when I see a Diet Dr. Pepper display right next to the cottage cheese. I looked at the sign and it screamed out at me:

"4-packs of Diet Dr. Pepper...Buy 1 get 1 Free"

...and it went on to state that a 4-pack of Diet Dr. Pepper normally is $.99.

So, I did my quick Puma math and realized that a 24-pack was going to cost me only $2.97. I went over to the regular pop section to price compare quickly and saw the following prices for Diet Dr. Pepper:

12-pack of Diet Dr. Pepper: $4.09
24-pack of Diet Dr. Pepper: $6.99

I looked around for a minute. So, I can either buy 60 4-packs for $29.70 or 10 24-packs for $69.99? Really? The only thing I had to worry about was feeling like a freak bringing those 4-packs to the front, but since I was already wearing an upside down visor and a T-shirt that said "Holy Butt!!", I thought the freak ship had already sailed.

So, I loaded up all my 4-packs, made a break to the front and watched as the cashier rang through all 60 4-packs in disgust.

Now, I drink a ton of pop and I have never seen a deal this good. As I sit here, I am contemplating heading back there for another run. I suggest you do the same...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know its not the same...and no where near as cool but one time i went to sunoco and 12 packs of michelob light were 3.99 for a 12 pack.

yeah i walked up to the counter and the guy rang it up and said that will be 3.99. and i just looked at him for a minute or two and ran back to the freezer and grabbed another. went home told my roomates and we went back and cleaned the sunoco of michelob light. they said someone must have marked the wrong price, but they couldn't change it.
nevertheless.... we partied like rockstars the whole weekend. that is if rock stars ever sat around playing with thier poultries at a small division 3 school in ohio drinking michelob light.