Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Some guy...

So, I'm standing in front of the elevator at my new building. This building has elevators on one side that go from floors 1-12 and elevators on the other side that go from 13-24. I was standing there, facing the 1-12 elevators and some guy was next to me and he decided that I needed my daily aggravation early in the morning.

Brent: (standing there, minding his own business, silently supplicating that no one talks to him)
Some Guy: (looks at Brent) Hey, pretty cold out this morning.
Brent: (bows head in vexation) Well, it is winter.
Some Guy: You got that right!
(painful silence)
Some Guy: So, these elevators only go up to floor 12?
Brent: (wishing anvil would fall on his head) Yep.
Some Guy: Hmm. That's what I thought.
Brent: (turns and walks to the stairs)

No comments: