Wednesday, May 10, 2006

E-mail chain...

Brent: Sounds like a sweet little deal.
Alison: Yuh.
Brent: "Yuh's" are normally reserved for sarcasm...
Alison: I disagree. I think a"yuh" is also appropriate for something really obvious.
Brent: As the inventor and copywriter of "Yuh" I disagree and if you don't start using it in an appropriate manner, I will be forced to take legal action. Consider this your only warning...
Alison: Well as the inventor and copywriter of the spelling of "yuh" I disagree and have decided that you are no longer able to use the written form of "yuh". My apologies.
Brent: Well, there really isn't a written form if you're not allowed to use the verbal form. So, that makes your spelling moot. But, to avoid prosecution, I will change the spelling to the better choice of "Yuhh".
Alison: That is much too close to my cpoyrighted spelling...I am afraid I am going to have to pursue this matter in the courts.
Brent: Bring it on. I am well versed in legal mumbo-jumbo and will relish the opportunity to stick up for the small town businessman who has his idea trampled all over by the big, heartless corporation. You've met your match Tague...
Alison: You're a freak dude.
Brent: Yeah...you know this whole thing is going on the blog, right?
Alison: You mean you think people would find these e-mails entertaining? I find this highly doubtful.
Brent: You don't know my readership. Don't be all sassed out b/c (yep, just saved time) I'm so clever...
Alison: Clever...rrrright.
Brent: OK...you're waaaay out of line today. Not koshe with the Road Rules team...
Alison: Not koshe? I don't even know what that means.
Brent: I was saving time by shortening Kosher to Koshe, then I would have more free time to play with my Legos. Whheeeeee!!!
Alison: Were they giving out free crack at work or something?
Brent: Nothing is free in this life darlin'. Nothing....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...You think you invented Yuh??!!
You obviously got it from me!!!
Im soo mad!

Anonymous said...

Basically I would like to add my two cents on the subject. Actually neither of you are allowed to copyright the word "Yuh." Under federal copyright regulation it is highly unlikely that you would be able to copyright the word. In order to obtain a copyright it must be a literary or artistic expression, must exhibit a modicum of originality and be fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Just verbally saying a word is not fixing it in a tangible medium. In addition, words and short phrases such as slogans are not subject to copyright. I would guess your better argument is trademark......man I waste way too much time!!!

ban said...

Holy law lesson Batman...
And Alicia, you may think you invented yuhh, but you'd be wrong. The only think wronger would be rooting for Lohse...