Monday, May 15, 2006

Plungocrisy...

Oh, I'm sure you've all been there. Willy getting stuck in the porcelain, no plunger on hand. A quick trip to the local Walgreen's, getting accused of using your sexiness to get a deal on said plunger. I mean, real run -of-the-mill stuff. But, since I didn't really have anything else to write about, here's how my trip to Walgreen's went last night:

After scouring the aisles, I finally found their "plunger section". And by section, I mean the only plunger in the store (who knew there was a run on plungers in the North Metro area). So, before Bilbo could steal the plunger, I lunged at it, swooped it up and sprinted it to the fron of the store, leaving tissue paper and Elmer's glue strewn everywhere in my wake.

I finally get to the front of the line and triumphantly gave Meghan, the cashier, the last plunger in the store. And here's our exchange:

Meghan: Looks me up and down warily, like a bouncer letting Richard Simmons into a strip club.
Brent: Smiles like an idot.
Meghan: Will this be it for you?
Brent: Yep, that'll do'er.
Meghan: Ugh...there's no price tag on here.
Brent: Sorry, it was the last one. It was $3.49 though.
Meghan: Hmm...I guess I'll have to believe you.
Brent: Yeah, I guess. Unless it's my big ruse to go to all the stores in the area, take off the price tags and then pay less when I get to the register, all in an attempt to sell the plunging end on the black market and use the stick ends for numchucks. Yep...what a devious plan.
Meghan: You're lucky you're cute, or I wouldn't take that sass mouth.
Brent: Looks around nervously
Brent: Ha ha. Yeah. Ummm...so...can I have my plunger?
Meghan: Sure, here you go. Don't do anything I wouldn't do with it.
Brent: Riiiight. Um...so good night then

And, as I left, the door opened for me. Because I'm beautiful. Well, actually because it was automatic, but if it hadn't been, it would have opened anyway (take that Family Guy...how does it feel? Does it burn??)

No comments: