Tuesday, March 20, 2007

America's High Flying Sport??

I was driving yesterday and the person in front of me had a bumper sticker. As much as I hate bumper stickers, I have to try to read all of them on the car in front of me. I can't help it. It's a sickness. Like listening to Hillary Duff. But that's neither here nor there.

The point of all this is this; the bumper sticker in front of me had this on it:

Join America's
HIGH FLYING SPORT!
HOMING PIGEON RACING!!

Really? Homing pigeon racing? And you're going to advertise that you actually participate in this geekfest to total strangers?

I mean, in all honesty, your own family doesn't want to know about your losertacular pursuits; what makes you think that society wants to know how you waste your free time? Come on!

And what's the deal with all the exclamations? Is it really that exciting? Maybe a question mark after sport? Letting it be a question as to whether this is a sport. Now that's a bumper sticker I can really get behind...

No comments: