Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ESPN Fantasy All-Stars...

Today, I watched the ESPN Baseball Tonight Fantasy Baseball Special. Correction, I mean I tried to watch it. I couldn't. It was too terrible.

Now, as you all know, I will read and watch anything related to fantasy sports. I've printed out more articles from more obscure sites than I can count. I don't care. I just want some insight on fantasy baseball.

Now, back to ESPN. I wanted to watch the show because they have some people that give solid advice (TMR) and people who I enjoy reading (Cockcroft and Karabell). Unfortunately for their special, they decided to do the thing that irks me more than anything; have people who don't understand fantasy baseball host the show.

Are you going to have Spencer Pratt host Hardball? No, because he's a douche and doesn't know anything about the topics on the show. Same thing with Fantasy Baseball.

So, I thought I'd give it a chance anyway. In the first 3 minutes, Tim Kurkjian said that he'd draft Albert Pujols number 1 because "he has 100 more walks than strikeouts in his career." Ummm...that's relebant to baseball, but not to fantasy. But I can deal with it, because TMR and Karabell are there. Plus, Pujols has to be #1.

Then, they were debating the sixth pick and Karl Ravech says "Well, I debated between Jose Reyes and Robinson Cano for this pick..." and I don't know who he decided on. I had to turn the TV off. When your host is debating the 7th best second baseman versus arguably the best player in fantasy baseball, I can't take it. Damn it, you might as well draft Mariano Rivera in the first round, if that's how much you care.

Stupid ESPN. Why don't you just get Jennie Finch to be one of your fantasy baseball analysts. Oer...too late...

No comments: