Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Damn you AGAIN Bill Simmons!!

From the September 24th issue of ESPN the Magazine, originally published on September 19th on ESPN Page 2 :

"...Networks pull the plug so quickly these days, you can be burned by getting hooked on something no one else is watching. Ask my wife, who's still complaining about never having learned the identity of the murderer on FOX's Reunion."

See...I wasn't the only one. The Sports Gal has my back too!

But, I got to thinking about it more, and FOX is the only station that consistently pulls its shows, and doesn't mention it anywhere. Sure, NBC pulled Kidnapped and CBS (or ABC, I forget which one) pulled Black Groundhog Day aka Daybreak. But let's examine the track record of FOX

SHOWS I WATCHED THAT CRAPPY FOX PULLED
  • Skin (2003) - Cancelled after 3 episodes
  • Reunion (2005) - Cancelled after 9 episodes
  • Killer Instinct (2005) - Cancelled after 10 episodes
  • Vanished (2006) - Cancelled after 13 episodes
  • Justice (2006) - Cancelled after 12 episodes

So, what we're looking at here is that FOX cancels about 1 show I like before the conclusion, per season. Which show are they going to F me over with this year? I suppose we'll find out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brent, put down the remote and back away from the TV. No one will get hurt.