Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I friggin' LOVE fall!

OK, there are tons of reasons to love fall. I'm going to name the Top 10 right now, in order from best to less best (take that Letterman! You 7th rate drone...):
  1. I'm getting married to the most beautiful girl in the world!
  2. It gets to be sweater and jeans weather, and I look like a homeless man's Polo model in a sweater and jeans
  3. I can leave the windows of the house open and not break into a sweat (though all of us can't say that)
  4. The friggin' new fall season. I'll say later this week what shows I'm excited for.
  5. Fantasy football is back! (though sim sports has become my new addiction)
  6. Vikings. Now we watch as Childress proves America wrong. It's the feel good story of the year that doesn't involve Michael Vick getting some unpleasantness in prison (I think you all know what I mean).
  7. The Huskers are back and I'm going to a game. And the slim National Title hopes rest in Lincoln this week. Ask me what I think about those chances about 8 pm central time this Saturday.
  8. My birthday, though I prefer to treat it like any other day where I go to eat at the Timber Lodge.
  9. Halloween and the group of trick-or-treaters that never come to my door. I might be in for a surprise this year, because it seems like the lonely skateboard kid in the neighborhood has befriended the Russian kids that don't speak English. We could be looking at a new feel-good story!
  10. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I've already started preparing to eat myself into a food-coma, which is just as good as it sounds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could have stopped at #1, Big Guy.