Sunday, September 30, 2007

You know it!!!

So, I opened the paper today, and this coupon to the left was sticky-taped to the front page. Heck yeah! Nineteen cent bread! Whoot, whoot! Holler at a player. That's what I'm talking about!!

Are you friggin' kidding me? Is this some joke? Did Marketing Tom put this through on a bet? I need to know. This can't be something that the CEO of Rainbow knows about. I refuse to believe that an intelligent person would approve this ad. I have to believe that the Rainbow marketing department is a collection of slightly slow albino koalas, otherwise my life doesn't make sense anymore.

Seriously though, if you're putting a coupon on the front page, shouldn't, at minimum, the following apply:

A) It's something that people will actually want.
2) It saves someone a significant amount of money.
D) It will entice people into the store instead of enticing people to make sarcastic blog posts at the store's expense.

Really...couldn't they have led with a coupon that saves you more than eighty cents? Is that too much to ask? But, I'm probably wrong and Billy Bob and Maria Gene saw the ad, hopped in the VW Bug Van and hightailed it to Rainbow, lest they miss this extraordinary one day sale!!!

4 comments:

The Fab Miss B said...

Maybe its just me, but it seems like this means the whole loaf is 19 cents which would save a body at least $1.25...But I could certainly be mistaken...clipping coupons has never been my thing.

ban said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ban said...

I'm not current on the price of bread...but you must rememer, this is the Rainbow brand white bread...the lowest of the low...bread-wise. If this bread were a boy band, it would be O-Town...

The Fab Miss B said...

Touche my friend. Touche.