Thursday, August 06, 2009

Perhaps I should elaborate...

Well, you're probably wondering what in the world I was on when I wrote my post yesterday. I was on Grape Nuts (no grapes...no nuts!)...but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, the deal was, I was in Target (weird) and I'd boughten (might not be a word...too lazy to check) a Snickers Almond, along with my other groceries (including shoe inserts...not important to the story, just wanted to make sure you knew I care about foot health) and the cashier had handed me the Snickers, as she assumed I wanted to eat it in the car on the way home because I can't wait three minutes to eat it and I would rather eat it while making the world less safe for me and others whilst driving (and dang it...she was right).

So, I tossed it in my right front pocket.

Now, the only thing I ever keep in my right front pocket is my set of keys. So, I know when I grab in there, I'm grabbing key (holler!).

So, I get out to the car, open the locks, put the keys back in my pocket and toss the groceries in the back seat (the trunk is full i you were wondering why I don't put them in the trunk...and it was full even if you weren't wondering) and get in.

Once I was in, I reached in the key (read right front) pocket to get my keys to commence ignition. However, I grabbed the forgotten Snickers Almond instead, without realizing it (it was not a King Size...which I don't even think they make for Snickers Almond).

So, I try to jab the "key" into the ignition and it just felt like I was missing the ignition, so I tried a couple more times...then looked at my hand and saw a mashed Snickers Almond. Then, I thought to myself, "Man, I'm an idiot...glad no one was around to see that..."

Then, I came home, and wrote about it so all 7 of you know how dumb I am now.

Excalibur!

No comments: