Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Uncomfortable....

It was noon and the phone rang. I had gotten up about 15 minutes ago and Alison had left about 5 minutes ago. I looked at the caller ID and the name was no surprise. Since my mom is about the only person with the number to this house (besides the people that keep calling to offer an upgrade on DirecTV), the odds are it was her.

I picked up the phone and answered sleepily, "Casa de Brent...Brent Nelson speaking."

"So, what's new at the Casa de Brent?" my mom inquired.

"Well, nothing too much. You'll probably here this from dad when you talk to him later, but Alison spent the night last night."

"So, how'd that go?"

"Um...fine."

"No...how'd that go??"

"Uhhh...what are you getting at here...mom?"

"You know what I mean."

A million images flashed through my mind. I really had no idea how to answer. Did she want the truth? Were there supposed to be details involved? How graphic was I supposed to get...talking on the phone...with my mom...about sex?

I sighed deeply, "Yeah...we didn't."

"Well, is something wrong with you?"

And then, my face spontaneously combusted and my soul tried to escape my body through the gaping wound where my head used to be.

"Hello? Brent? What's wrong with you?"

Ahhh...the start of another perfect Sunday...

No comments: