Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Softball season's starting, we'll party tonight...

Ahh...it's that time of year again. The sun is out, birds are singing, bees are trying to have sex with them... as is my understanding. And by that, only two words come to mind...Are you ready for some softball??

So yes, by your opening of this e-mail, you have hereby confirmed that you are on the staff roster, or playing as an alternate, for the successful softball franchise Yarrr. We're not attractive (formerly known as More Cowbell).

Our first game is scheduled for Tuesday, April 25th at 6:00. The location is Bryn Mawr #9 (located here http://www.minneapolisparks.org/default.asp?PageID=4&parkid=253). I have never been there before, therefore, I don't know anything about fences, lights or access to young schoolchildren (sorry Dirty). I will bring schedules then.

I have not ordered T-Shirts, as I've become more and more uncreative recently and my latest thought was to have a picture of one eyed Willy wearing a turban...but I snapped myself out of that one. If everyone decides on T-Shirts, we can do that.

Since it looks like no T-shirts and we have 10 full time players, it's going to be $40 for everyone who signed up as a full-time player. You can give cash, checks, food stamps to me at the game.

We should probably have a practice sometime in the next couple of weeks before the first game so we can be well on our way to beating our stupid record from last year and hopefully mitigate the amounts of times we're shut out. I still can't believe we were actually shut out last year. So, we can set that up...I'm thinking the 22nd or 23rd. Let me know when works best.

If you're still reading this, I commend your patience, or deplore your lack of options of things to do with your life. You shall be richly rewarded. Here's a little something for the effort; there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed...you will receive total consciousness. So you've got that going for you...which is nice.

Devo, please print this out and give it to Carolyn to give to Denny.

No comments: