Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You be the judge...

So, one of Alison's favorite singers is Ray LaMontagne. He has this song called "Trouble". For the longest time, I couldn't understand what he was saying. Here are the lyrics at the part I couldn't understand:

I've been saved by a woman
I've been saved by a woman
I've been saved by a woman

I thought he was saying:

Alabama saved by a woman
Alabama saved by a woman
Alabama saved by a woman

You know, like he knew the history of Alabama really well and there was a chance Alabama wasn't going to make it to become a state and some woman saved it. Or the band Alabama was going to break apart because of a woman and then she made sure everyone in the group reconciled so they could go on to make hits (if they have any hits...I don't know much about the band Alabama...perhaps this woman, if that's what this is about, shouldn't have saved the band).

Something like that. How am I supposed to know? Who am I, Greg Evigan?

Anyway, here's the video. The part I'm talking about is about :41 seconds in.

When I told Alison this, she couldn't believe I thought that. While I admit, it might not make sense (see possible explanations above), and I have a history of doing this (It's too late to call the judge) but I still think it sounds like that. Alison says I'm crazy.

No comments: