Friday, December 04, 2009

Deal of the Century!

Alright, now you all know I'm a sucker for a deal (example A and example B and Example C) but I think (think) I've found something like the Punch Drunk Love deal, but not. I mean...nothing is that good of a deal.

Anyway, at Rainbow this week, if you guy 6 boxes of General Mills cereal, you get $10 off the purchase. And it just so happens that Reese's Puffs is my cereal of choice at the moment.

Some quick math:

6 boxes of Reese's Puffs: $24.54
After $10 discount: $14.54
Less $1.00 coupon for buying at least 3 boxes (different coupon): $13.54

Then, on each of the boxes, there is a deal where if you guy two boxes, you get 1 free movie ticket (up to a $12 value).

So, with 6 boxes, that's 3 movie tickets (and movie tickets are as good as cash in this house)

Which means $13.54 less $36.00 which gives me a grand total of: -$22.46

So, basically, they just paid me $22.46 to take 6 boxes of Reese's Puffs off their hands.

Pretty sure I might make one more run at this if I can find space for all these boxes of cereal!

No comments: