Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Precious...the Comedy?

So, Alison and I were in the mood for something funny to watch, so we went out on amazon, through our TiVo and tried to find a comedy.

There was talk about this movie Precious at the Oscars, but I didn't hear much about it. However, after looking at it on there, we decided to download it, since it was in the comedy genre. Plus, I love Kurtwood Smith.

However, once we started watching it, it seemed like it might have been mislabeled. I mean, sure, there were funny parts, but throwing a baby on the ground is not really my brand of humor. I like puke jokes more (you keep going Daniel Tosh). Plus, unless Kurtwood Smith was playing the teacher in drag (yes...that's how I picture him in drag...yes, I picture Kurtwood Smith in drag...don't act like you don't), I don't think he was in the movie.

All in all, I give it 3 stars as a movie (out of 5), however, I only give it 1 star as a comedy. However, I was happy that Queen Latifah won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar. She really deserved it.

sidenote: It took me about 20 tries to get a good picture of the screen and Alison was about ready to gut me with a spoon by the time I was done. I hope it was worth it! end sidenote

No comments: