Thursday, December 08, 2005

Jerky Results!!

As everyone knows, I was in a very heated race for Mayor McJerky through KSTC45. After pulling ahead with what was thought an insurmountable lead, my fellow nerds and I retired with the lemon face at Williams for a night of celebration and patting ourselves on the back for a job well done. While resting on our laurels, one of my competitors got a whole nerdery to start voting for him and I lost in a landslide. And I thought that was the end of it.

But wait!

Today, I came home and there was a quasi-large package sitting in my mailbox. And what was it? That's right...5 packages of jerky, as a consolation prize. The sweetest word in the English language...consolation. It's like constellation...without the stars. But I digress. I got a sampler pack of all the different kinds of jerky they make:

Turkey
Original
Peppered
Teriyaki
Sweet & Hot (both...at the same time!!)

I wish I would have won the contest and seen how much jerky they would have given me, but this is nice too. It's not enough to throw a jerky party, but it's quite enough to taunt passing children with. And that's exactly what I'll do. So...to all who helped me in my glorious run to the consolation prize...thie jerky's for you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will take a peppered jerky and an original jerky for helping to get second place.

1025 park ave
newport ky 41017

thanks

Anonymous said...

You know you owe us all a jerky party now...