Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Only $10.99??

So, apparently I'm an idiot. Or idiota, as they say in Spanish. Or maybe that's Spanish for a female idiot. Whatever. I'm easily tricked.

We were out driving and we went by a Space Aliens restaurant (and, amazingly, were not pulled in by their tractor beams) and I noticed their billboard out front.

"All you can eat rib dinner, ONLY $10.99, every Wednesday"

Which got me to thinking, couldn't you just put "only" in front of any price and it makes it seem cheap? I have no idea how much an all you can eat rib dinner should cost, but it seems to me that "only $10.99" is a steal.

However, they could have said "only $17.99" and I would have thought that was a good deal.

Why don't people do this for everything?

BRAND NEW FORD RANGER, ONLY $48,000!!!!!
BATTERIES, ONLY $12.00 FOR 3!!!!!
FOAM MESH TRUCKER HATS, ONLY $370.00!!!!!!!!

I figured adding the exclamation points was quite dashing. And makes it seem like even a better deal than having the only. Man, I'm like a marketing genius...or geniusa, as they'd say in Spanish...

No comments: