Thursday, September 03, 2009

Kohl's lies...

So, I went to Kohl's yesterday to use my "Kohl's Cash" (pictured below) which I was told could be used just like cash. As you can see, it says "Use any way you choose, on anything in the store." Apparently by "anything in the store", they meant anything but the thing I wanted.

Alison and I saw some books when we were in there that she wanted for her classroom, so I went in to buy those.

When I brought them up to the register, the conversation went like this:

Cashier: You can't use your Kohl's Cash on those because they are a special purchase.
Brent: I'm confused. I was told I could use the Kohl's Cash like cash. So, you wouldn't accept cash for these?
Cashier: You can pay with cash, yes.
Brent: I've been told that Kohl's Cash is the same as cash, so I'll use the Kohl's Cash.
Cashier: That's not possible.
Brent: I will not be buying them then.

I felt like Homer at Itchy and Scratchy Land:

Homer: One adult and four children.
Woman: Would you like to buy some Itchy and Scratchy Money?
Homer: What's that?
Woman: Well it's money that's made just for the park. It works just like regular money, but it's, er..."fun".
Bart: Do it, Dad.
Homer: Well, OK, if it's fun...let's see, uh...I'll take $1100 worth.
[he walks in, sees all the signs: "No I&S Money", "We Don't Take Itchy and Scratchy Money", etc.]
Homer: Aw!

No comments: