Monday, February 09, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

So, Adriann, Jonathan, Alison and I went to see this on Saturday. It was pretty good, which doesn't make me any less of a man. Not the point of the story.

So, it's a pretty empty theatre. And we're sitting three rows from the back and some of us (me included) have our feet up on the seats in front of us.

Then, right as the preview is ending, a group of five people come into the theatre. Where do they decide to sit? Yep...it the row RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I had to put my foot down so someone could sit in the seat right in front of me in a basically empty theatre.

It made me feel like I was in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle:

Oh...I guess I forgot to mention...this group of 5 people...WERE ALL DUDES! What dude is going to round up his buddies on a Saturday night and go see a romantic comedy? And even if one of them had the idea, how did he find 4 morons to agree with him? I'd rather be shanked with a sharpened pencil than have that happen to me.

Then, to make matters worse, at the end, there is a typical romantic comedy moment and the high school chicks in the back are saying "awwwwww". Then, one of the dudes starts mocking them, making his own sarcastic "awww".

Dude...YOU WENT TO A ROMANTIC COMEDY! What did you expect? Jean Claude Van-Damme to come and judo chop Jennifer Aniston in her huge ear lobes? Come on dude. Why don't you round up your buddies and go out on a shoe shopping adventure and then you can grab some fro-yo and talk about how guys never call you. I mean chicks. Chick never call you. Yeah...that's the ticket. Chicks.

People. Bleh.

No comments: