Monday, July 11, 2005

Big Headed Bret Boone!!!

I like it. I like this acquisition. I don't think I can be much happier about this. First, we don't have to play 'Crapfest' Rivas anymore. Then, we get to play arguably the best second baseman of the past 5 years.

Has he had a horrible year? Yes.
Has the steroid and HgH rules messed with him? No doubt.
Has he lost the ability to hit for a high average? Almost certainly.

So why do we want him? We need a presence in the middle of our line-up. You can't tell me there are too many other hitters you'd want hitting 7th in your line-up. Sure, he's going to end the year hitting about .240. Is that any worse than Rivas? No. Plus, he's going to chip in about 25 homers and 75 RBI's. Where else are the Twins going to get that kind of production? Abernathy? Rodriguez? Punto? Puhlease. This makes so much sense my brain hurts a bit. I am officialy on the Bret Boone bandwagon and the wagon is leaving the Depot, so everyone hop on and lets ride this to the playoffs! It's moves like this that will allow the Twins to catch the White Sox when they implode!

No comments: