Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Holy Crud!!

OK, I am a little bit peeved right now. Last night I found out some jarring news to say the least. I'm sure I felt how Aristotle felt when he saw George Washington shoot that cherry off the top of Johnny Unitas's flat top with Bart Simpson's slingshot; shocked and awed!!

Apparently there is a new season of Average Joe! And I didn't know about it! I feverishly watched the first two seasons (the third season was wack as Kobe Bryant's unreleased CD, but 2 out of 3 t'ain't bad) and wondered if a new season would come out. Then, I go through the drab summer menu last night to see if there are any new shows on and I find it! And it had started weeks ago!!

God damn it! Apparently NBC, the Trix Bunny and the Formica people are teaming up to keep me out of the pop culture loop! This is unacceptable. I felt like Eric's pet Christmas turtle Jack; dead on the inside and out, no matter how much water you dip me in.

But I think I have found the cause of my error and it feels like blasphamy to say it; fake TiVo! That's right. I have finally found a weakness in the New World God TiVo. Though I am still his humble servant and will do his bidding and take over the mind of Jaleel White when the time comes, I have found a chink in the armor.

Since I don't watch any commercials anymore, I never know when the new shows, or old favorites, are going to be on. That leaves it to me to check the menu to see if there's anything I want to TiVo. And that's as wise as leaving an intern alone in a room with Gary Condit.

So, to solve this problem, I will start looking at the menu about once a week and see if there's anything on that strikes my fancy. But you, my faithful readers, can help me out! Please, e-mail me or post in the comments, shows you think I would enjoy and the time, day and channel they are on. In gratitude, I will write a review of said show and give you a shout-out in the blog! You can't beat that with a dead ferrett! So, please, help me help you. And we can all live again in peace and harmony...

(FYI: Average Joe 4 is everything to be expected; another homerun for geeks everywhere! Though the girl is not super hot, she is sneaky hot and I think by the end of the run, she will have grown on me immensly, just like Kim Carlson. Wayzata grads, you know what I'm talking about!)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You should blame Dan. I think he's been watching that show secretly for weeks now.

ban said...

Damn him and his strinkingly handsome good looks!!