Monday, April 27, 2009

RIP Bea Arthur

As you may or may not know, Bea Arthur passed away on Saturday at the age of 86. My thoughts are with her family.

Also, as you may or may not know, I have kind of an obsession with Bea Arthur. My goal was to name our dog (when we get one) Bea Arthur so, when he (yes...he) pees in the house, I can yell, "Bea Arthur, stop peeing on the floor!!!" I've also mentioned her in no less than 5 blog posts throughout the years, including talking about naked pictures of Bea Arthur (thank you Airheads) and mentioning how hot Bea Arthur used to be when she was younger when I was in Duluth (enough said).

But, apparently, I didn't understand how many people cared about my obsession. Here's how my Saturday went:

3:30 pm: My mom called to inform me of the news of Bea Arthur passing. I hadn't heard anything, so I whipped over to CNN.com to read about it. Nothing had been posted yet. My mom beat CNN.com to me with the news. Wow.

3:42 pm: CNN.com posts their story.

8:01 pm: Devo sends me an e-mail to see if I was doing okay after hearing the news of Bea Arthur.

10:52 pm: Vance sends me an e-mail, informing me that we have lost yet another Golden Girl.

11:31 pm: Kevin posts on my Facebook wall, in a wailing tone, "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!" I can tell he's as distraught as I am.

So, there we have it...4 independent people came to me and told me Bea Arthur died. That's strange. I can only imagine what's going to happen if something were to happen to Emilio Estevez or Keanu Reeves!

2 comments:

Nomad said...

Bea Arthur was the alpha Golden Girl
She'll be missed

Eric Nelson said...

I was going to write something to you, but I just don't know what to say in these times of mourning. Bea was a beautiful person and will be missed by all. Let me know if I can do anything for you.