Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Colonizing Mars

So, it turns out that one of the guys who helped make Paypal a success is now heading up a company that is trying to colonize Mars.

I think we've all thought about living on Mars. Me? I think about it about every 10 minutes, in between trying to figure out how to sign my next recruit for my Sim college and firguring out if I can eat a whole banana cake in one sitting without dying (I can't).

But, what would you do on Mars? Is it going to just be like Earth II, or will there be exciting new things introduced there? Because, if it's just Earth II, I really don't want to go. I know, I know Johnny Paypal; I'm not your target audience. I don't have "money". I don't have "fame". I "have a foul and unpleasant odor".

But that doesn't change the fact that I have an opinion and if you want to actually get people to go to your stupid Red planet, you need to have the following:

- The biggest slide in the universe
- A wave pool made of Koalas (we all know that there is no water on Mars and you have to liquify Koalas for sustenance...we just don't want to talk about it)
- Hoverboards (unless the skateboard lobby in D.C. get to you too)
- Unicorns riding midgets (mythical...I know)

I think if you have all 4 of those, more people are going to follow you. So, why don't you take your billions and start it up and maybe I'll join you in 972 years (as another one of the Paypal founders is heavily invested in a "scientist" who think humans can live to 1,000).

It must be sweet being super rich so you can be super eccentric...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liquify koalas?

Your world frightens me sometimes.