Thursday, November 15, 2007

My new goal...

Now, we all I know I can consume copious amounts of food in a short amount of time. I don't think anyone who knows me would argue with that.

And, until now, that skill has served no real purpose, except to annoy dinner companions (and by dinner companions, I mean Alison and/or my parents, since no one else really goes out to eat with me) as I inhale my meal while they've taken about 3 bites.

But today, I found a purpose. Now, since I apparently don't have my ear on the pulse of society, I might be a bit late to the party on this one, (Or 47 years late, according to the webisite....but who's to say what a bit is?) but the BIG TEXAN STEAK RANCH offers a 72 oz. steak (that's 4.5 pounds of beef fellas) that is free if you can finish it in one hour.

Understandably, I have never tried such a feat, as I didn't know it existed. But I have eaten over 45 ounces of steak in a single sitting, which I judged to be about 25 minutes. And I also had bread and fries at that time, and was not what I would consider to be adequately full. So, I'm sure it can be done and it would be an accomplishment that would shock the world!!!

Sure, an 11 year old boy has done it, as has a 69 year old grandma. But that doesn't matter to me. Sometime, I am going to Amarillo, TX and eating free for a week.

No comments: