Saturday, November 17, 2007

Trolling Craigslist...

So, there's a wedding shower going on at my house, which means I'm not allowed to be there. Which means I've gone to my parents house and started trolling Craigslist, looking for inspiration on something to write about. And, as always, Craigslist has not disappointed.

I went to the free section of Minneapolis, because people tend to put the strangest things in the free section. Today, I've found two...
--------------------------------------------------------
Bra (St.Paul)
I have 6 gently used Bras size 36C. Non Smoking home.

Take all or some. Call 612 325 4323 -Nicole
--------------------------------------------------------
Mattress 52" x 70" x ~6"
Not quite a full I guess, can't remember what it's off of originally - maybe a sleeper sofa? It has springs in it.

Against house, take - 913 Mound Street, St. Paul, MN 55106 at the corner of Burns & Mound Street, on the Burns Avenue side.
--------------------------------------------------------

OK, now on the first one, I admit, first off, that I have no idea how much a bra costs. But I know they sell them at Target, so I would assume you could get a pretty good deal on them. And, if you get a good deal on them, you probably don't need someone's "gently" used bra.

Gently used? I figure there's only one was to use a bra. I mean...I'm at a loss for words. What is the difference between gentle and heavy use? I don't know.

Whatever. This ad reminds me of the time I was at Goodwill and I saw a used pair of tighty-whities clipped inside one of those wooden pants hangars. I said it then and I'll say it now...if you have to resort to used undergarments, you may want to re-evaluate where your life is headed.

And on the second item. Nothing wrong with a used mattress. In fact, we still have an old mattress that used to be my parents (I know...gross...get over it). My favorite part is that it's sitting outside, in the snow, getting old and moldy, and someone would go and take it? And then use it? Disgusting.

Then again, I remember reading in the Rock's book that he was so poor when he was playing football in Canada that they used to go dumpster diving for old, used mattresses in the alley behind a hotel with hourly rates. And you know what's probably on those...spittle...oatmeal...sem...er, perhaps I've gone too far.

So, on second thought...maybe that second ad isn't as bad as I thought initially. Come to think of it...Alison and I could probably use a new mattress...

No comments: