Friday, November 16, 2007

Linens 'N Things coupons...

Now, if you've ever shopped at Linens 'N Things, you probably know that they have 20% coupons in their ads every week. And you probably know that on the coupon, it says it is good for 20% off of one item.

So, we collected up a large sum of coupons (re: 2) and took them to Linens 'N Things to collect our savings rewards.

Alison and I each got an item (she got a candle...I got a bathmat...because it was cute and perfect for the decor for the master bath...or I'm Alison's pawn and I do whatever she wants...I forget which it is) and took them up to the register.

We stood in different lines as I assumed you could only use one coupon per transaction. Apparently, I was wrong. Here's how my experience went with the Linens 'N Things Clerk Lady (LNTCL)...

Brent: (sets his bathmat and 20% off coupon on the counter)
LNTCL: (looks at the bathmat, then at Brent, then over at Alison, then back at the bathmat)
Brent: (grins like an idiot)
LNTCL: This going to be it for you?
Brent: Yep...that'll do'er.
LNTCL: You know you can use more than one coupon per transaction, right?
Brent: (shoots the wink and the gun)
Brent: I did not know that. That's a hot tip my friend.
LNTCL: (sighs)
Brent: And a good day to you too!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Close! It's Bed, Bath and Beyond, dear Brent.

Rookie.

ban said...

Incorrect...both Bed, Bath and Beyond and Linens 'N Things have the 20% off coupons...though they both accept the others coupons, so it's really irrelevant. Why do I know that?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I haven't see the Linens "n Things coupons, but it does frighten me that you know that.

You must be terrified. Go punch some guy in the arm and yell, "Flinch!" It will make you feel better.