Tuesday, November 06, 2007

New saying...

OK, I'm trying to work on a new saying. Now, this new saying won't be for everyone. Heck, it won't be for most people. But, there are some who will cherish it. And it's for you people that I write this.

Do you feel that the saying "The line has been crossed" has become overused and pretty much lost all meaning? I mean, what is this line? Where is it? Is it real? Or is it just a figment of someone's warped imagination, like midgets and unicorns? I find myself asking that whenever I say that phrase, and I say it a lot.

But now I don't have to. After being let in on a little story by Trete about the goings-ons recently in his office, I've decided to officially make the following replacement:

Anytime you want to say:

"The line has been crossed."

You are now free to say:

"The hall has been pooped in."

Now, since, as you can imagine, a full-grown dude (not one of those imaginary midgets) literally pooped in the hallway of his office building. I can't imagine any scenario where that's not crossing a line, whether the line is real or made-up.

So, now that we have a definition of our new saying, please go forth and spew this new line anytime anyone does something that has gone too far. You have my blessing...

No comments: