Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sayonara Sports Guy...

This is an open letter to The Sports Guy

Dear Bill "The Sports Guy" Simmons,

Well, it's a very sad day in the Dragon household. After the ups and downs of readership over the last 6 years, I am officially leaving the readership ranks of ESPN Page 2 The Sports Guy.

I've enjoyed you a ton over the years. I've tried to be your intern. I've accused you of stealing from me, but was actually happy that something I used made it into the column. I've tried to get numerous people started on you. And now...it's over.

The final straw was your current column. I've been growing weary of your constant complaining about Boston sports over the past couple years. I mean, they're winning, enjoy it. Now, you write a whole column about the Pats victory over the Colts, complaining?

Ugh. Seriously. It seems like you hasn't written a column about something besides the Red Sox, Patriots or Celtics in over a year. And I can't deal with those columns. Even your mailbags, where you used to shine, have become a cornucopia of Boston related crap.

So, I'm sorry to say Mr. Simmons, you've pooped in the hallway. It's been fun and I wish you the best, alas my journey ends today.

Brent Nelson

No comments: