Monday, November 19, 2007

Undercover...

Taking my inspiration from Tyra Banks, I have decided to go undercover for the next few days. As many of you know (or at least I hope many of you know) Tyra likes to go undercover to reveal the true way that people are discriminated against.

To the left,you can see that I have attached a picture of Tyra, pretending to be homeless. She went out on the streets for 4 whole hours, just to see what it was like when people were not catering to her every modelistic desire.

I think she taught us all a very big lesson in that episode. But not nearly as big as the lesson she taught us in the episode where she put on a fat suit (not to be confused with the episode where People magazine actually called her fat).

As you can see from the picture on the right, Tyra went undercover to see what it was like to be someone fatter then herself. And, in only the way Tyra can, she showed us, and her studio audience, a whole different world, as she took 8 hours getting into the suit and 4 hours actually walking around in the suit.

So, I had to come up with something just as hard-hitting as Tyra came up with. But what could it be? What form of discrimination is still out there that we need to tackle? C. Thomas Howell has already explored racism in Soul Man. Tyra has tackled obesity and homelessness. The only thing left that I can think of is...to grow a mustache!

That's right. As pathetic as it is (see the picture) I have decided to grow a mustache and see how differently people treat me. While I don't expect to get egged or anything like that, I'm sure I will garner some looks and that might not be altogether pleasant. I only hope my undercover work is half as good as Tyra's!!

No comments: