Thursday, November 01, 2007

Embers Memories...

While trolling the internet and talking to Petredis today, he mentioned that his hatred of Papelbon is so high, he would like to see him working in a Waffle House after a botched Tommy John surgery. I thought that was a little harsh, and said Embers would be much better.

Alas, Petredis did not know what Embers was. So...I did a little searching and came to this site (right at our very own Blogspot!!) http://embersremembers.blogspot.com/

Read them...they are hilarious...alas, they are not accepting posts anymore. So, I will relate my own true Embers experience to you:
--------------------------------------------
We went to Embers for their "famous" $1.99 steak and eggs special. Apparently, that commercial was 10 years old, because inflation had changed the amount to $4.99.

Swat that, I thought. I went ahead and ordered a double hamburger meal.

Well...my meal came. A nice, single patty on a bun, along with some fries.

I brought our waitress, Ardell, over to assess the situation.

Brent: Um, I ordered a double hamburger.
Ardell (checks her notepad and says nothing)
Brent: Ummm...double?
Ardell (stares at the burger)
Brent (looks around to see if anyone's head is blowing up like in Scanners)
Ardell: Well...that burger is pretty big.
Brent: Huh?
Ardell: It's a pretty big burger. It counts as a double.
Brent (stares at Ardell): What??
Ardell: Yeah, since it's so big, it counts as a double burger.
Brent (dumbfounded): Um...the menu didn't advertise a "pretty big burger". It called it a "double burger".
Ardell (walks away)

Then, 10 minutes later, as I finished up my "pretty big burger", Ardell came out with another patty, on a plate, with no bun...to finish off my "double burger".

Needless to say, everytime I drive by that Embers (which is now closed, possibly due to crap service), a little piece of my heart stabs Ardell in the face...

No comments: