Monday, January 05, 2009

The new fad for 2009!!

OK, now as we all know, for the past few years, we had the Trucker Hat fad. Ashton Kutcher claims he invented it. Yeah, I know...he's a d-bag. Whatever. Not part of the story.

For the past few years, I thought eye patches would take off as the new trucker hat. I really did. You can even tell from this post from June 11, 2005:

The man slowly turned his head towards me. It was at that moment I realized he was wearing an eye patch. He must have the same feeling I do; the eye patch is going to be the Trucker Hat of 2005.

Alas, it appears that Tom Cruise (and I suppose Ja many, many moons ago) are the only ones who agreed with me.

But, I've come to see the error in my ways. It's not Eye Patches that are going to be the Trucker Hat of 2009. It's Fancy Eye Patches that are going to be the Trucker Hat of 2009. Accessories fool! Just you watch...


That's right, Slick Rick, history is going to repeat itself...and I'm reaping the benefits...

No comments: