Saturday, June 18, 2005

Uncomfortable walk...

This morning, I was walking around Gays Pond (as the pond with the possible Homersexual Swing shall henceforth be called) and I was caught in a quandry. There was a middle aged lady walking about 7 feet in front of me. And she was walking at a perfect pace. Which left me with two options...
  • Slow down so she can get a more comfortable distance ahead of me
  • Speed up so I can pass her and not feel like a stalker

As you can all probably guess, I chose option 'C', which was to follow her for about 15 minutes at the 7 foot distance. I'm sure she felt like I was stalking her, because even I was feeling uncomfortable, and I was the one who was doing the following.

Finally, when I couldn't take it anymore and there was a chance she would turn around and ask me what the hell I wanted, there was a fork in the path and I took the path less traveled. Just to get away from her.

But, unfortunately, I found out why it was less traveled. It actually led into a poison ivy patch and, long story short, the doctor bill is looking like $800.

(This is a completely true story, except for the poison ivy patch and doctor bill. I used my imagination on those. Go imagination! It's your birthday!!)

No comments: