Monday, January 21, 2008

The Reverse...

I don't really care for elections. I typically don't want to vote for either of the presidential candidates (and that's really what I consider the only election...state senate doesn't count...sorry LeRoy A. Stumpf) so I normally end up just picking the least objectionable candidate.

But what I would rather do is cast a negative vote against the person I dislike more. An example is, say I hate Hillary Clinton (I hate Hillary Clinton!) and she's running for President against D.A. Arthur Branch. Now, at the moment, I'd be inclined to vote for D.A. Arthur Branch, but it would make me feel better if I could use my vote to negate a vote that some moron cast for Hillary Clinton.

I know it's the same principle at work here, but it makes me feel like I'm making a difference; I'm using my power to actively vote against pure evil, instead of using my power to vote for moderately good.

I suppose it would kind of give you the same feeling that Jeff Gillooly had when he tried to rid the ice skating community of Nancy Kerrigan. Except my negative vote would actually work and not make Ms. Clinton more famous than she deserves to be...

No comments: