Friday, February 15, 2008

I'm romantic...and surrounded by morons...

So, Alison and I get the heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's for Valentine's Day...you know...for love. As a sidenote, those are pretty popular, because the place was jam-packed. But that's neither here nor there.

So, I call up to make our order and this is what I get from Papa Murphy's Guy (PMG)...

Brent: Hey, do you guys have those heart shaped pizzas this year?
PMG: Yep.
Brent: OK, all I need is one of those.
PMG: It would probably be easier to just walk in; we have them pre-made.
Brent: Oh...and then you put the toppings on when I come in?
PMG: Um, no. They only come in pepperoni.
Brent: What?
PMG: They only come in pepperoni.
Brent: So, if I wanted a pepperoni and mushroom, you couldn't do that??
PMG: Yeah, I guess we could, but it would be extra...
Brent: Oh, is that how getting extra things works? It costs more? Thanks for the economics lesson...
PMG: Economics?
Brent: Shut up and make my pie!

Seriously, like I was trying to scam free toppings on this. Some places where this conversation would be similar:

McDonald's
Brent: I'd like fries with that burger.
McDG: Umm...that would be extra.
Brent: Right. I understand. I live in society...

Ticketmaster
Brent: I'd like two tickets to the game.
TMG: Umm...we only have single tickets.
Brent: Right. I want two single tickets.
TMG: Umm...that would be extra.
Brent: Correct. I undestand, I'm not an imbecile.

Best Buy
Brent: I'd like a dvd player with that TV.
BBG: Umm...that would be extra.
Brent: Yeah, I get it d-bag...

Cripes...I'd get a little fiesty there by the end...of dealing with people. Seriously...people are not cool...

No comments: