Thursday, March 31, 2005

Things I hate in an office...

People who wear too much cologne/perfume - Just because you shop at J. Crew, I don't want to smell it. Same thing if you shop at Target. Or Wal-Mart. Just smell normal...not strong...or bad.

People with bad breath - Um...hi, they're called Tic-tacs. Don't close-talk me freak-o. Great googily moogily, stand 14 feet away when you talk to me. Or better yet, look into e-mail. It's not that tough Bob.

People who think they're important - Guess what chica, just because you make copies for the VP in Charge of HR, it doesn't make you my boss. You're just a glorified secretary. Administrative assistant? Come on...

Pointless meetings - Or pretty much any meeting. Why spend an hour deciding something that would have taken 5 minutes to go over in an e-mail? Oh, yeah, because you want to feel important (see above).

People who can't make decisions - Guess what Buck-o, it's not my call. You're the Controller. It's your decision. I don't care what you do. Just pick one or the other so I can go on with my job. And if you can't decide, I'll gladly take over your salary and make the decision. I'm surprised you can get dressed in the morning.

"It's not my fault" syndrome - Yes, nothing is your fault. You're like the flippin' Virgin Mary herself, aren't you? Take some responsibility for your actions (see above) and own what you do. If you make a mistake, don't pawn it off on the customers, the Twins, or tetanus from the nail you stepped on last night.

Busy work - Stacking stuff. Filing. Jesus. Can we hire a monkey to do that, not an intern that's making over 18 dollars an hour? I have a 6 year-old that can do that job, probably for nickels. We're hemorrhaging money here and you want to spend more?

Bad decisions not based on facts - Just because you want to do something and we won't get the business unless you offer a certain price, that doesn't mean we want the business!! If we're going to make less than a penny on the dollar, maybe, do we really want to do it? Apparently. I guess bad decisions are almost as bad as indecisions. At least look at the facts and listen to your finance people. Humor us!

No comments: