Friday, December 21, 2007

Professional Model aka Take THAT Huiras

Well, I just got back from my photo shoot at Lifetime and I suppose that makes me a professional model, since I got paid and all.

Overall, it was a great experience. I got there and they put me into the "personal trainer" duds, complete with shirt, jacket and women's medium pants, since the men's medium were too big and there were no men's small.

Then, I got to head on down to make-up, where they covered my gross cuts I get from shaving since I am less than careful when I shave.

I then met the other guy I was modeling with. His name was Wade and he's from Plymouth. He was supposed to be the "client" to my "personal trainer" for the shoot. Wade had done professional modeling in Houston and now he's living up here.

Then, I met the photographer, David Ellis. He said they were going to shoot it documentary style, which meant we just had to sit there and talk, laugh, gesture and they'd just shoot it. So, they sat us down in the LifeCafe (the food court in Lifetime) and just started shooting. They shot three different poses of us (and in one of the poses, my back is to the camera, so they'll probably pick that one...at least my odd shaped head will be noticable) and we were done in about 20 minutes.

The art director came over and said we did a great job. Then, we were background players in another shoot and that one took a bit longer.

They wanted me to come back next Thursday for another shoot, but I told them I was unfortunately going to be out of town, so I couldn't attend. However, I told them to give me a call if they have a need for someone like me in future shoots (how slick am I?).

Overall, I had a great time. We were there only 3 hours and got paid quite a bit for that time. I'd wanted to (obviously) do something like this quite awhile, so it was great to actually have a chance to be on a professional photo shoot. I hope the pictures make it out into a campaign, and if they do, I'll be sure to post them here.

Hopefully, there will be more shoots in the future...

No comments: