Monday, January 10, 2005

The 2nd Growing Pains Movie...

I think, to some extent, all of us were distressed by the obvious goofs in the Return of the Seavers on Saturday night. Did you notice how Carol tried to make a lame attempt to cover the snafu that is the very premise of the movie?

When they were talking about selling the house, she something to the point of "You're going to go through with it, not like in '92" Now, as all us Growing Pain afficionados know, the show in '92 that Carol referenced was "The Last Picture Show" 1 and 2. (Episodes # 7-23 and 7-24). Now, as we all remember, the whole Seaver clan is sitting around eating pizza at the end, except for anorexic Carol (a sidenote: I personally think Carol looked much, much hotter as an anorexic girl then when she was nerdy and bigger. Do you think the producers forced her to do it to boost sex appeal of the show? If they did, then they succeeded...) and getting ready to move.

Now, if the 1st Growing Pains movie had never happend, I could believe that the Seavers had something go wrong with the sale of their house and didn't move, but it did happen and Maggie did become a Senator. The only logical explanation is that they kept their house and she became the New York Senator. But are we just supposed to keep guessing? This is not a quiz show, this is Growing Pains. I don't tune in to answer stupifying riddles, I tune in to be entertained by the antics of the Seaver household.

I was also disappointed that the house looked nothing like the house on the show. Give us somthing Mr. James Burrows! And, as I think everyone will concur, the most disappointing thing was the lack of the theme song. How can you have Growing Pains without "As Long As We Got Eachother"? I find this morally unacceptable. I bet the producers of the 2nd movie had to take all the mirrors down in their house because a little part of them died everytime they looked into it and saw themselves and realized what they had done!!

Why do they keep making new CSI's? CSI:New York is wanktacular. When they have CSI:Toledo, I may have to hurl myself through the TV. Is Paris Hilton really that stupid or is it an act? Do you think I could get her to invest in ice burgs? I think so. Can you believe no one bought the Jessica Simpsons gas can on EBay, from when she ran out of gas in Beverly Hills? I think if I bought that, I would have to also buy someone shooting me in the head...

No comments: