Friday, January 28, 2005

Apprentice II

It was an interesting strategy that Brian brought into the boardroom. A little Bill Cosby child-rearing reverse psychology. What Brian failed to take into account is that Donald Trump is not five years old and just because it worked on Theo, doesn’t mean it’s going to work on Trump. In an interesting bit of footage they did not show, Brian actually bartered up on the toilets, giving the contractor 75 dollars a toilet instead of the 50 dollars the contractor wanted. Only one word can describe that strategy. Savvy.

I very much enjoyed it when they showed Net Worth putting the sheets over the plastic that was covering the mattress. I just wish they had showed the extra footage of Brian eating a Twinkie without taking the wrapper off and Fat Vince Vaughn reading the directions on how to “cook” pop-tarts.

If some creepy guy tells me “Yeah, tonight at eight o’clock, we’re all going to get together and hang out at the veranda…” that only leaves two thoughts in my mind; there is no way I’m going to be anywhere near the veranda at eight o’clock and creepy guy, Shaggy called, he wants his hair style back.

When everyone was hanging out outside with Magna, is there any chance you don’t start a spring break theme? Seriously? Buy a keg and start having Stephanie and Kendra give out shots while they’re in bikinis. Would anyone be opposed to this? They needed to make this happen!

Was Audrey even in the episode last week? Why do I not remember her? How could I have missed her? It’s kind of like finding a Mark McGwire rookie card in the 99 cent bin. She’s looking super foxy. If she were a potato, she’d be twice-baked, if ya know what I mean! I look forward to her continued success and Amber Brkich-like emergence to prominence!

That montage of Verna walking away reminded me of movie scenes where someone goes on a long journey and they show it really quickly. First, she was on a street, then she was walking by a ghetto, then they showed her passing the beach. Apparently they cut away from her walking past the Sphinx and the Eiffel Tower. Stupid time limits on TV shows. And where in the world was she headed? Didn’t she look like she had just become homeless? All she needed was a shopping cart and four coats to complete the ensemble.

(side note to Tana) I hate when customer service people use your first name! Hate it! Why do you feel so comfortable around me? “Do you want a bottle of water for the road John or Gerri?” You don’t know me! “Bye Tami!” Just leave me alone you blond-haired freak! By the by, it appears you have an extra row of teeth in your mouth. Nothing you can do about it, I just want to make you self-conscious for the rest of your life. (end side note)

Dear Erin,
You are not Cher. The year is not 1973. You don’t have me babe.
Signed,
Brent

“Unbelievable!” It’s the damn Jason Voorhies of TV catchphrases. You can’t get rid of it. There’s no way to kill it. All it’s going to do is terrorize you until you finally get to feel the sweet release of death.

My prediction for a winner after week 2: Sticking with Kendra. She’s pulling a stealth bomber and staying under the radar. Sentimental favorite is Audrey.

No comments: