Thursday, January 20, 2005

Conversation...

Brent: I'm creative.
Eric: You ARE creative. If only we could harness the creative energy percolating in that brain of yours, perhaps our current energy crunch could be averted. You should look into that.
Brent: I have. And wind power too.
Eric: Wind? Wind is for housewives and little girls! Brain power is the wave of the future!
Brent: You wish! Have you ever seen a brain that can move a McDonald's bag from one end of the street to another? Well?
Eric: Yes I have...twice. But to be completely honest, someone had thrown the brains at the bags, so that might not count.
Brent: Yeah, that doesn't count. I think we've all seen brains fly, but they can't fly without the wind, so that's the fatal flaw in your logic. Good try though. Better go back to clown college there Fido!! (ohhh...burn)
Eric: Must you continually make a fool of yourself? The wind is a non-issue, and to prove it, I suggest an experiment. We seal you up in a giant vacuum with a McDonald's bag and a big pile of brains. Now if your theory proves accurate, the brains will not move the bag since we can both agree that there is no wind in a vacuum. If, however, my theory is true, the brains will not only move the bag, but inside of a few minutes your lungs would collapse from the lack of oxygen. Everyone's a winner! I'll book us some time at the local vacuum in AZ so we can settle this dispute.
Brent: Can it be in the same vacuum where they keep Ted Williams head? God, that would be awesome. I wonder if his brain can move a McDonald's bag??
Eric: I believe his head is in a cryonic freezer nestled between Walt Disney and Alfalfa from the Little Rascals. Oh, the stories they probably tell each other! Anyway, it's not a vacuum, but your Ted Williams brain question is intriguing nevertheless.
Brent: I didn't realize Alfalfa had his head frozen. It's probably best though. Because along with Bobcat Gothwait and Theodore Roosevelt, Alfalfa was one of the greatest comic minds of our generation. We need to clone him. It would be a disservice to the future if we didn't. Think if we cross-cloned Alfalfa with Ted Williams! We could have the baseball ability of Alfalfa, with the comedic timing of Ted Williams. Awesome!
Eric: I guess I don't know that Alfalfa is frozen, I just figured that his heirs would have the vision and foresight to cram him into a freezer. The assumption being that when this whole cloning thing shakes out, everyone could have their own personal Alfalfa for laughs, target practice or other various "services". Now that is a hundred dollar idea!
Brent: You know what else is a hundred dollar idea? A potato chip that tastes like peanut butter and you end up chewing it, like gum! Who wouldn't want that? If we clone Alfalfa, he can come back and be the pitchman. "Peanut Buttum Chips" Would anyone be opposed to those?
Eric: I've actually been leaning that direction for years, but I will be no shill for the chip/nut/gum conglomerate. Anyway, quit stealing my ideas! It's like you have some sort of videography equipment inside my brain, continually recording and siphoning away my many, many ideas. Get out of my brain, you silly person.
Brent: I want no one to be a shill for the peanut butter/gum/chip cartel, nor would I ever want anyone to endorse a product they don't fully believe in. However, I think my new product is something you could put your whole heart behind and not feel like you were selling out. It's like the time I endorsed those metal jock straps. Yeah, I believed in them, but did I really like them or was I more in it for the money? I think we both know the answer to that...

No comments: